Baboon Torture Division pays tribute to the golden age of 8-bit gaming. Using audio to MIDI software, they turn their live instruments into square waves which can be arpegiated, auto-tuned, and otherwise tweaked out. Tracks 1-6 are live recordings of BTD songs played in the style of a 1980's game machine. Track 7 is an original and tracks 8 and 9 are remixes of songs from the glory days of 8-bit music composition.
Steve Biloba on Guitar and Vocals.
Pocketron XP on Bass.
Reno The Laptop on Drums and Synths.
Thanks to Kids Get Hit By Buses, WidiSoft, Shockk, Syphilis Sauna, MC Firedrill, Fake Jazz Wednesdays, CD Baby.
Covers: Rock n Roll McDonalds by Wesley Willis. Hold Me Closer by Elton John. McKids by Andi McGinty. Triceratops Stampeed by Jon Dunn, which he stole from Comic Bakery by Martin Galway.
Recorded at China Creek Studios, Vancouver, B.C. 2009
1. Ducks (uh huh) (1980s Entertainment Console Mix)
2. Fuck Pizza Hut (1980s Entertainment Console Mix)
3. Sweet Donkey Love (1980s Entertainment Console Mix)
4. Sexy Times (1980s Entertainment Console Mix)
5. Rock'n'Roll McDonald's (1980s Entertainment Console Mix)
6. Hold Me Closer Tony Danza (1980s Entertainment Console Mix)
7. 100% Victory Complete
8. McKids (Party Mix)
9. Triceratops Stampede
BUY THE PHYSICAL ALBUM HERE